When it comes to renting an apartment, privacy can be one of the main concerns for renters. Apartment units are built closely together with only a wall separating you from your neighbors. Balconies come with very little covering, and windows can be placed where people walking or driving by can see in. Below we will discuss a few different options for creating privacy when living in an apartment.
1. Place a large umbrella in the middle or corner of your balcony
2. Surround your patio railings with plants
3. Use a room divider on your porch
4. Hang sheer curtains on your windows
5. Arrange living room furniture to the center of the living room
6. Hang curtains around your bed
7. Add bookshelves to your walls to create a sound barrier
We hope you found these tips useful in creating extra privacy in your apartment. If you or someone you know is looking for a new apartment to call home, A Plus Apartments would love to help! We have been leading the way in apartment locating in Austin for close to 20 years. Our seasoned apartment locators answer phones 7 days a week and our locating service is free of charge. Call 512 231 1400 today!