The City of Austin has enacted a level 2 water conservation restriction. Keep this in mind, even in an apartment with no yard you can conserve water!
Stage 2 Water Use Guidelines
- Residents may only water outdoors once a week. Homes with odd-numbered addresses can water on Saturday, even-numbered on Sunday.
- Businesses and multifamily units may only water outdoors once a week. Those with odd numbered-address can water on Tuesday. Business and multifamily units with even-numbered addresses can water on Friday.
- Automatic sprinklers can only operate before 10 a.m. on your watering day. Hose-end sprinklers can be used before 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m.
- Hand watering can be done at any time on any day of the week.
- If you wash your car at home, do it on your watering day before 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m.
- You must use a hand-held bucket or a hose equipped with a shutoff nozzle.
- You may use a waterless cleaning product or a commercial carwash to wash your car on any day at any time.
- No charity carwashes unless a waterless cleaning product is used instead of water.
- No ornamental fountains may be operated except to provide aeration for aquatic life. Automatic fill valves for pools and ponds must be turned off as well.
- Violations of mandatory watering restrictions will result in an official warning followed by a citation if the violation is not corrected. Citations will be issued in Municipal Court with fines starting at $475.